So there is other Cal news to report...
Over at Bear Territory, Ken has done a post spring practice Cal game prediction. I would say I agree with most of his analysis except for any game he picked us to lose. Also, he picks Cal to lose to ASU and USC and sneak into the Rose Bowl after USC goes to the National Championship Game. I am not sure Cal would finish high enough in the polls to get picked for a BCS game if it did lose two Pac 10 games.
Everyday Should Be Saturday (EDSBS) has a post about Coach Tedford and his flirtation with the spread offense last season. It is a pretty funny post, as always, and there is a nice youtube video of Oregon, Joey Harrington to Sammy Parker on a play action post which is exactly what you will see this season with Longshore to Jackson. (Except there will be more separation between Jackson and the defender.)
The California Golden Blog, has an interesting post about the renaming of the student section. It looks like the Athletic Department is looking to give the student section a moniker. The choices are:
1) Bears Lair - not bad, but not very original
2) The Cave - seriously?
3) The Claw - worse than The Cave
4) Blue Crew - sounds too much like Blues Clues, the childrens program.
5) Bear Force - so if we play Air Force and the student section begins to chant "Hey alumni ... Bear ... Force ... Bear ... Force". With that many people, I can easily see the Air Force players getting pumped up thinking that we were chanting for them.
Here are RBBID's top five names
1) "We never wear one color" student section
2) "This clapping rhythmically on 3rd down is not really loud" student section
3) "The game is not on ABC, lets show up in the 2nd quarter" student section
4) Bear Nation (like Clipper Nation)
5) Lynch Mob (I know he is gone but it can be a tribute)