Friday, December 22, 2006

Is this the cause?

For why the passing game has suffered toward the end of the season. Excerpt from SF Chronicle story about DB's.

"When someone is trash-talking, it makes me play better," Hawkins said. "The way I see it: If I'm talking mess, I better back it up."

Hawkins' favorite line to defensive backs is simple.

"I told you," he said. "I tell them exactly what I'm going to do, and then, I beat them even though they know what's coming. That's the best feeling.

"You can come back and say, 'I spoke to you like a man, told you what I was going to do and you still couldn't stop me.' "

Based on Hawkins stats at the end of the season, perhaps he should keeps his routes to himself. Also, after you do beat them, try to stay balanced and cross the goal line.

This is all in good jest. Hawkins and Jackson will make a great WR combo next year. Jordan still has to show me more to prove he belongs and there are some freshman and incoming recruits that will push for playing time early.

No comments: