But one of their recent posts was just wrong (read entire post here). It is an example of my frustration with Cal fans and their off and on attitude. Here are some excerpts.
" The time until kickoff is legitimately being measured in hours, not days or weeks. (114 hours and counting down...) Yet, for some reason, Cal fans just don't seem that excited. I know that I am not."Speak for yourself, not Cal fans in general. I think that Cal fans have been excited about this game for a long time. Go check out the message boards on BearInsider.com. Look at the comment by Robertson17 after the TBIOOTF post. For you to be unable to get excited about the upcoming Tennessee game just reeks of bandwagon.
"I am not confident heralding Tedford's return to playcalling as the second coming."Good thing you change the name of your blog from Tedford is God. You have to be kidding me if you think that the offense will not be significantly better with Tedford calling the plays and with nearly all key skill players returning.
"I may have once declared that SQT would easily fill the shoes of Dante Hughes, but I really wish I hadn't."Watch game tape of the last couple games last year and tell me who was playing better, SQT or Hughes. Also, SQT is still young, I have no doubt he will be able to fill Hughes large shoes.
And possibly the worst line of all...
"If I know one thing, it is this - if we lose we have to wait another year to declare Cal one of the best programs in the nation."Why? Because of 1 loss. What if Cal runs the table and makes it to the Rose Bowl, will you still be waiting till next year to talk about Cal? Win or lose to Tennessee, I will always declare Cal as one of the best programs in the nation. But this is a moot point because we will beat Tennessee this year.
Maybe you were having a bad day or going through some turmoil that day, Kevin. Hope you post something better before the game and get fired up.
For everyone else who might be wavering, get off the fence and support your Bears.
- Ranking: is ranked #12 in both polls. People expect big things from this year's team you should too.
- Offense: Best in the Pac 10 and one of the best nationally (West Virginia might be better)
- Defense: Faster, more athletic and more talented than before. True, they are young, but when teams recruit well, like Cal has done, that is less of an issue.
- Special teams: Best in the nation as a unit.
- Coaching: What's not to love. Tedford took us from the abyss of 1-10 to national power. Now he will take us to the promised land.
- Schedule: Tennessee at home, USC at home. The stars are aligned for this season.